Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Sweet and tender roasted carrots in a tasty maple dijon glaze.
- 2 pounds carrots, well scrubbed or peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Toss the carrots in half of the mixture of the oil, maple syrup, mustards, miso, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender and lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, turning half way through, before tossing them in the remaining glaze and serving.
Note: You want young carrots, the ones with the leaves still on, and you want them to be thin, about 3/4 of an inch or less, so that they roast quickly. You should be able to find the miso in the Asian section of grocery stores and if you cannot find it simply omit it and these carrots will still be amazing!